Driven by our vision of zero stigma and zero deaths, the RIZE Board of Directors conducted a comprehensive strategic planning process to develop a three-year framework.
This framework builds on initial planning and external input obtained since RIZE was founded in 2017, including a series of strategic planning sessions with RIZE Board and staff, external research, and an idea lab that included the RIZE Board and staff, along with a number of external thought leaders and subject matter experts. The framework below provides a high-level summary of the resulting strategy.
Invest in meaningful solutions and employ broad perspectives to end the opioid epidemic in Massachusetts.
Zero stigma. Zero deaths.
- Willingness to disrupt status quo approaches to opioid use disorder (OUD)
- Independence and impartiality
- Learning and evaluation as a part of everything we do
- Collaboration with public and private stakeholders to facilitate a coordinated approach to the opioid epidemic
- Diversity and inclusion of those with lived experience in our teams and partnerships
We invest in comprehensive, compassionate, and sustainable approaches to prevention, harm reduction, treatment, and recovery.
We engage in solutions that will reduce the impact on the economy, families, and communities.
We commission and support research and evaluation that expands the evidence base and informs policy.
- All dimensions of OUD are being addressed in a coordinated and strategic way across Massachusetts
- Stigma associated with OUD is reduced
- Patients suffering from OUD experience improved quality of life and better overall health
- The number of opioid-related overdoses and deaths is significantly lower